Fatherhood

 At the age of 8, my parents separated. My father visited me on the weekends, but there were fewer visits. Suddenly he would stop visiting. My mother and my older sister did a great job of filling in two different roles in my life. For that, I will be eternally grateful. I learned from my mother that parenthood is a huge sacrifice and it's a full-time job. She taught me many valuable concepts. Sometimes I wonder if I would have learned the same things if my father had been in my life. 


The article titled, “What is Your Purpose as a Father?” found that having a sense of purpose helps makes fathers happier, healthier, and stronger when facing challenges. Today, fathers are spending more quality time with their children. Perhaps it is because the United States is becoming increasingly diverse. Immigrant families have brought new ideas and concepts of fatherhood to America. 


Because the States are highly diverse, many fathers have mentioned the sense of crisis they have felt due to COVID-19, police brutality, and the economic crisis. Fathers have felt a vast sense of protection for their children. The psychological impact of fathers on their children can be great as fathers are more involved in their lives. For instance, children can become increasingly emotionally secure, and confident and have better social connections with their peers. Children learn how to regulate their behaviors and emotions. They are most likely to experience depression 


Fatherhood is also about connecting with mothers. Children are aware of how fathers talk and treat their mothers. Fathers should treat their spouses with love, respect, and consideration. Children are more likely to replicate these behaviors in their own lives. They should work together to build their relationship with their children. When it comes to disciplining children, fathers should remain in control of their emotions and body language. Fathers are also in charge of being role models to those around them. They should promote their family values, abide by the Spirit and acknowledge their mistakes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage and sexual intercourse

The System of the Family